- Company honored with 35 awards worldwide for outstanding achievements in technology innovation and sales strategies
- Cloud products achieve extraordinary market adoption, surpassing industry average
Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, announced end of year results in awards and market traction for the company’s cloud product line that serves small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) as well as consumers. In 2010, Panda Security secured 35 awards from recognized authorities on technology and business innovation, including the Wall Street Journal, CRN, PC World and AV Comparatives.
“Panda has always been ahead of the market in technology innovation and 2010 was no exception”, says Juan Santana, CEO of Panda. “At the beginning of the year, we set out to extend our position as a cloud security leader through a continued commitment to R&D and a focus on increasing the adoption of our cloud products for SMBs.”
“We attribute Panda’s success to our award-winning solutions and a highly diversified sales strategy that targets organizations with anywhere between 5 and 60,000 seats”, says Jeremy Matthews, head of Panda’s sub-Saharan operations. “Panda’s strong business momentum for the year coupled with independent recognition from the Wall Street Journal, CRN, PC World and many others, proves that our strategy is working”, he concludes.
The Panda Cloud Protection product line, which secures endpoints and servers, email and Web threat vectors, has grown well above the industry average growth rate for cloud-based security services in 2010. Income from these products grew 65% over the previous year and now represents 15% of the company’s total worldwide revenues. Panda expects this number to exceed 20% by the end of 2011. This compares to industry-wide revenue growth for SaaS (Software as a Service), which made up only 10% of total security services revenue in 2009, with this figure not projected to surpass 20% until 2014, according to market research firm Infonetics.
While the full list of accolades may be found on the PandaLabs blog, some of the more prominent awards include:
- Juan Santana, Panda Security CEO, among the 25 Most Innovative Executives of 2010. CRN, USA
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Editor’s Choice. PC Magazine, USA
- Panda Security for Business: 5 Stars, SC Magazine, USA, UK
- Panda Internet Security 2011: Best Product, 5 Stars, Windows Magazine, Spain
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Best Security Software, PC World, Latin America
- Antivirus Pro 2010: Top Score in On Demand Test, AV-Comparatives.org, Germany
- Panda Global Protection 2011: Editor’s Choice, Computer Magazine, Italy
- Panda Internet Security 2011: First Place in Comparative Test, PC Security Labs, China
“We’re looking forward to an even more successful year ahead as the market has proven that it is ready for a cloud-based approach to antivirus security,” says Santana. “Based on the traction we are seeing in the channel, we expect revenues from Panda’s cloud security business solutions to surpass 20% of the company’s total income in 2011”, he concludes.
More information is available in the PandaLabs blog: http://www.pandalabs.com
For more information about Panda, visit http://www.pandasecurity.com/
Follow Panda South Africa on Twitter @PandaSecurityZA and Facebook